One of the tasks you have to take care of as a homeowner is picking just the right window treatments. It actually starts by locating the right shutter company so you can get advice and make the best choice for your home.
There are a number of exciting choices available for sprucing up your home with window blinds, shades, shutters, or draperies. Even within each category there are various options. A good example of this would be plantation shutters which are different than traditional shutters.
Are Plantation Shutters Right For You?
The defining trait that separates traditional shutters and plantation shutters comes down to the louver or slat size. Plantation shutters have oversized slats which makes them easy to identify.
- They were originally used in the Southern states and were commonly found, as you'd expect, on plantations.
- They look good, are more dramatic than standard shutters.
- For some homeowners, it can make the inside of the home too dark, even if the slats are open.
- They're easier to clean than some window treatments, such as fabric-based treatments. However, they are more challenging to clean than some other types of shutters and blinds.
- They look classy and offer architectural interest.
- Shutters in general offer the greatest amount of privacy and light control. Plantation shutters just offer a greater level of this.
- Some consumers feel they are more of a challenge to open and close because they're weightier.
For optimal results from a Flagstaff shutter company, get in touch with our experts at Superior Window Fashions today.